Transliterate español (spanish) spelling to andaluz proposals
Table of Contents
The Andalusian varieties of Spanish (Spanish: andaluz; Andalusian) are spoken in Andalusia, Ceuta, Melilla, and Gibraltar. They include perhaps the most distinct of the southern variants of peninsular Spanish, differing in many respects from northern varieties, and also from Standard Spanish. Further info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andalusian_Spanish.
This package introduces transliteration functions to convert español (spanish) spelling to andaluz. As there's no official or standard andaluz spelling, andaluh-js is adopting the EPA proposal (Er Prinzipito Andaluh). Further info: https://andaluhepa.wordpress.com. Other andaluz spelling proposals are planned to be added as well.
From NPM repository
$ npm install @andalugeeks/andaluh --save
First, install dependencies with
const andaluh = require('@andalugeeks/andaluh'); const andaluhEPA = new andaluh.default(); console.log(andaluhEPA.transcript('El veloz murciélago hindú comía feliz cardillo y kiwi. La cigüeña tocaba el saxofón detrás del palenque de paja')); // Er belôh murçiélago indú comía felîh cardiyo y kiwi. La çigueña tocaba er çâççofón detrâh der palenque de paha.
To submit a package to npm registry (as
$ npm publish
Consider to upgrade the major/minor/patch version before submitting a new package (edit
package.json). Also remember to login with npm on your registry account before publishing.
- Adding more andaluh spelling proposals.
- Contractions and inter-word interaction rules pending to be implemented.
- Silent /h/ sounds spelling rules pending to be implemented.
- Some spelling intervowel /d/ rules are still pending to be implemented.
- Transliteration rules for some consonant ending words still pending to be implemented.
- The andaluh EPA group is still deliberating about the 'k' letter.
Please open an issue for support.
Please contribute using Github Flow. Create a branch, add commits, and open a pull request.