- Full compatibility with the latest ECMAScript specification
- Support Node.js applications, including native packages (check)
- Allow simple upgrading from Nashorn or Rhino based applications
- Fast interoperability with Java, Scala, or Kotlin, or with other GraalVM languages like Ruby, Python, or R
- Be embeddable in systems like Oracle RDBMS or MySQL
New features, e.g. for the upcoming 2020 edition, are added frequently.
In addition, some popular extensions of other engines are supported, see
Compatibility on Operating Systems
For Windows, a preliminary preview version is available.
Some features, including the Node.js support, are currently not supported on all platforms (e.g. Windows).
Stay connected with the community
Andreas Woess, Christian Wirth, Danilo Ansaloni, Daniele Bonetta, Jan Stola, Jakub Podlesak, Tomas Mysik, Jirka Marsik, Josef Haider
Thomas Würthinger, Christian Humer